Monday, April 15, 2013

This Week's Lineup

I'm still alive! Here's the breakdown. This is mostly so I can organize my thoughts; I apologize for the dull format and will post like a normal blogger (if such a thing exists) after the show.

MONDAY
Class from 8am to 10pm. There's technically rehearsal this evening, but I won't be there because making up labs is really complicated and it has to happen the same week you missed your own lab section. Way more hassle than it's worth, especially since I need all of my spare afternoons for studying. This week's lab is business as usual, nothing too exciting.

TUESDAY
Pretty sure we have a lec/dem but I don't know where exactly.
I had a Bio paper due last week, but when we turned them in, our professor let us peer review one other paper for extra credit. This Tuesday, I'll get my revised paper back and have the afternoon to write it over. I did my best but I'm sure I'll have to do a lot of it over again. No matter what, I will never meet anyone's standards, and I need to just accept that.
In the evening, there's a tech rehearsal! Costumes, props, lights, and sound: the whole enchilada.

WEDNESDAY
Another long day ending in the last tech rehearsal.

THURSDAY
Prospie weekend! I'm not hosting but my friends are.
Another lec/dem, maybe? I'm not really clear on our schedule.
Final draft of the case study paper due today!
OPENING NIGHT!

FRIDAY
In the afternoon, I'm doing some baking for the show (bake sale during intermission). I think I'm going to make homemade oreos and cupcakes decorated with words from the show and bees. There's another show in the evening, after which I plan to sleep, possibly before I even get home. I might just curl up on one of the benches on set.

SATURDAY
Collaborations! There's a picnic lunch on Chapin lawn and people do presentations of research projects. I have to attend two lectures relating to Biology for some more extra credit and if I have time, there's an interesting-looking presentation on gender in choreography that I'd like to attend. I doubt I'll get to that, but it looks good.
My mom is swinging by NoHo from Boston on her way home, and she's stopping by to see the show! I'm so excited, it'll be great to see her. After the Saturday show, we have strike, then the cast party, which I haven't heard anything about but I'm sure it'll be nice.

SUNDAY
Much as I would like to sleep for the entire day, I will get up early to see my mother off and shut myself in a very public part of Neilson (the more people are around, the more work I get done because my shirking is obvious. Nothing like shame for a motivator!) to study all day long. I will get everything and then some finished so I can land on my feet on Monday.

As it was written, so it shall be.

No comments:

Post a Comment