Things to do this weekend
- Go to JoAnn Fabrics to get materials for my Spelling Bee costume. (I have to get fabric suitable for a cape and some felt for making finger puppets. I want to make a panda puppet and an alligator sock puppet.)
- Write two one-page papers for Dance in the New Millennium. One is about Wayne MacGregor's development process, one is a cultural "text" helping a viewer to discern the cultural elements in a piece of choreography.
- Write out Biology notes
- Draw data maps for Biology
- See Carmina Burana performed by the Glee Club and Chorus; I'm working as an usher so I get to go for free!
- Spelling Bee rehearsal on Sunday, 1-5
- Biology tutoring session on Sunday evening; quiz #5.
Things for the train
- Overachievers book from Forbes (About high school students who have to push themselves to the breaking point to get into college.)
- iPod. I don't usually use it, but the wifi on Amtrak is patchy, so Alice gave me a ton of new songs to listen to.
- Study for Biology and Chemistry! Wooo.....
- Work on finger puppet. I doubt it'll take long so I might make something else with the extra fabric.
Things I want to do over spring break
- Play with kittens! (For the record, this includes Anouk, our older cat. All cats are kittens, didn't you know that?)
- Cook delicious Sicilian food for St. Joseph's Table
- Scout around for a summer job. I have some connections that I'm hoping to use so I can get a job as a cook somewhere.
- Make my Spelling Bee costume
- Make pretzels with my dad.
- Go to yoga with my mom. (I'll do it, I give in!)
- Take lots of walks.
Things I have to do over spring break
- Write a paper for Dance in the New Millennium on one piece of 21st century choreography
- Start choreographing an experimental work
- Research plantar fasciitis on a cellular level and organize data
- Make data maps for Biology
- Chemistry problem set (hasn't been assigned yet but I'm just assuming, based on the fact that we have assignments every day.)
- Lab report for Chemistry