Sunday, September 11, 2011

Reading is sexy!

So, I'm trying to get over this delightful bout of nausea and exhaustion not by sleeping, but by reading Emily's old blog, and she mentioned a valid point. I read the same books over and over. And it's time to stop. I usually read books with lots of atmosphere and fairly upbeat plots, but I'm getting a little tired of that now. (About time, right? It's only been nearly eighteen years.) What I started getting into at Unirondack was reading classics--I read Jane Eyre for the first time this summer, and it was absolutely fantastic, so maybe I'll just read some more Bronte and Austen. Josie and Abeer told me a little while ago to read Emma for a nice light read, and my mother was super jazzed when I started reading Anna Karenina, but I had to return it before I was done reading.
So I think I'll make a reading list, then. Keep myself to a program. Of course, once classes get started in earnest, I won't have any time to read (especially since I'm actually fangirling about Physiology of Behavior. Watch me do a ton of nonrequired work/independent research for that class.) but the list will give me some direction.

Lily's Reading List:
  1. Anna Karenina, Leo Tolstoy
  2. Emma, Jane Austen
  3. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, Anne Bronte
Three is good to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment