Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Soulfege

Yesterday, I auditioned for Groove, and today I auditioned for the Smiffenpoofs and the Vibes. I did not plan on auditioning for the Poofs; Paulina said she was going there and I misheard her and went along, then figured, what the hell. I'm still going to audition for the Smithereens tomorrow, though.
There are those who are highly scornful of Smithies who audition for all the a capella groups, but this strikes me as sort of dumb. Where's the harm? At least you get used to auditioning that way. I used to be a nervous wreck before auditions, but around senior year, I sort of got over that. Not sure why, not sure how. I only know it's a good thing I did, because if not, I'd be just a bundle of nerves right now.
The auditions themselves went OK. I'm not great at singing the third of a chord (the last time I sang soprano 2 was sophomore year, what do you expect?) but the rhythms are a breeze and I learn melodies pretty quickly, so that's definitely a good thing. Of all my auditions, I think Groove went the best, and the Poofs and Vibes were about the same. Neither of them was as smooth as that first audition, though. Maybe it's because I know Kelly and it was comforting to know one of the people that was judging me, maybe beginner's luck. Guess I'll have to see. The callbacks are on Thursday and I should be hearing on Wednesday about that. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment