Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back to reality

My agenda for tomorrow:
  1. Volunteer at Loaves and Fishes
  2. Post something insightful about poverty and soup kitchens
  3. Make another stuffed creature (I made a swan today that was going to be a present but instead I'm just keeping it, so tomorrow's probs going to be another fox day) while listening to This American Life
  4. Finish The Hobbit
  5. Make baked lentils and cheese for dinner.

My vacation has been uneventful so far. I'm not working, just lazing around, making cute little creatures out of fabric scraps, and working on my sock loom. Today I found a kickass recipe for browned butter brownies that completely rocked my world. I wanted to eat them for dinner, they smelled so intoxicating, but my mother insisted on eating a real dinner (pfffft, what's that about?), so we made pierogi. Pierogi and applesauce, with super-rich brownies for dessert. I swear to God I literally felt weighed down after that meal.

All of the relatives are gone, so the holidays are really over. My mother said I should use this time to rejuvenate and prepare for the spring semester. I really need some direction, so tomorrow, I'll write up a list of the things I plan to accomplish from now till the 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment