Thursday, January 26, 2012

First Day of Classes

And it couldn't have gone better. I started the day with the granola Emily made me, plain yogurt, and a hard boiled egg. Then I was off to Psychopharmacology, which was ok but promised to be upsetting in the very near future. After class I killed some time in the library, met Alice for lunch, and went to Kinesiology half an hour early.
Hilarious coincidence: Alice's roommate is in that class too! I hope this turns out to be a good coincidence, because this girl saw me, clearly recognized me (we've shared some moments, Taylor and I), and did not say hi or even smile. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen her smile. What's her deal? She's surrounded by delightful people constantly and doesn't smile? Yeesh.

To resume. I had some serious butterflies about Kinesiology because Caroline told me the professor was kind of grouchy and the chances were good that I wouldn't get in, BUT (as I'm sure you've guessed by now) I GOT IN!!! The class was SO DAMN AWESOME. We spent the first half of the class talking about the evolution of people's perceptions of bodies, and the second class handling HUMAN FUCKING BONES. WHAT IS UUUUUUUUP???!!!
Then after THAT, I had Comp I. The professor is fabulous, the class seems super fun, and my classmates seem way cool. As I left Mendenhall, a lovely snow was falling: not the nasty biting kind, but the softest sort. It was an auspicious beginning.

EDIT: I also got a job interview! I applied to work at the daycare center near the Quad and got an email requesting a meeting! Everything rules!

2 comments:

  1. Is it Nonotuck? I worked there. It was nice. Lots of hippie babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lara saw you in Kinesiology and texted me that we look alike. :)

    ReplyDelete