Thursday, May 10, 2012

Bike adventures

I haven't had much to do since finishing my work for my first year of college (dear God I'm getting old). After spending far too much time watching Torchwood and hanging around the house, I've taken to riding my bike around town. I wish I could take pictures of my adventures, but my camera is being very strange and refusing to stay on. I was in a basement secondhand store the other day when I discovered this, and it was very frustrating. My camera is kind of old and not very good, but it is a digital camera and I wanted to take pictures of sable hats and pewter tankards. (Like the ones that sing in Beauty and the Beast! It was way cool.) Even though I couldn't photodocument my adventures, they were still nice.

Today I went to the park with my bike and ate my lunch at the zoo. Not in the zoo, mind you--I'm far too cheap for that, and going to the zoo alone doesn't sound as fun as going with people. A nice thing about the Buffalo zoo is that there are some cages that face outward onto the street, so you can casually look in on some animals, decide that you want a better view, and then go in and pay. Tightwad that I am, I just took advantage of the zoo's kindness and ate my lunch outside the buffalo cage. When I was little, Emily and I would hang out at the buffalo cage when we were waiting for Caroline's soccer practices to finish. She would pretend that looking at the animals without paying wasn't allowed, so we alternated standing guard while the other one looked at the buffaloes.

Today, I ate part of my lunch with the buffaloes, then moved to the giraffes. Giraffes always remind me of my old friend Veronica. She isn't super tall, she's actually shorter than I am, but giraffes always remind me of her anyway. I sat on the grass, eating my pineapple, looking at the giraffes and thinking about Veronica and Questionable Content. (Slurrrrp.) It was a nice afternoon.

1 comment: