Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Virtue

I was going to make a Buffalo post about churches and supportive religious communities today when I went downtown to get my permit (yeah, I'm in college and don't have a permit, nbd), but no sooner did I arrive at the bus stop and sit down than I was visited by something out of a cartoon or Alexander's Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day. I sat on the little bench under the bus shelter, and a car drove through a big puddle of nasty scummy water and splashed it all over me! I made noises of distress and anger, but the culprit was long gone. Clearly, this was a sign from the universe. I was not supposed to go downtown today.

So I went home and took a bath instead.

For dinner, I made the most virtuous meal imaginable: Red lentil cauliflower curry. It's a recipe from the Mennonite cookbook Simply in Season, but I had to find it online because I don't own the book. I think the recipe might have been off somehow: the meal tasted fine, but when I served it up, it was just a big bowl of vegetables and not much sauce. When I had this meal before, this was not the result.

Still, it was healthy.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that you can eat red lentils raw? I made this black rice and red lentil salad the other day and it was very odd - the red lentils taste very legumy somehow, almost like the seeds in propellers - maple seeds? Anyway, I don't recommend it. Simply in Season is a good cookbook though - one of my go-tos.

    ReplyDelete