Sunday, May 6, 2012

Moving forward

It's been a while since my last post, because my Kinesiology final took up all of my spare time and thought. I was working stage crew for the grad students' spring event Tuesday through Thursday, and I kept my notes and Sci Fi textbook (Trail Guide to the Body, the perfect textbook for any anatomy student)with me the whole time. I used my little squeeze flashlight to study during breaks.

Working stage crew was very fun; I was in charge of sound and got to play with projections too, which was interesting. Dance Production is required for my major, and I was surprised by how much fun I had. I've never been terribly tech-savvy, but now I know how to use a sound board, and thanks to Jazz Ensemble, I know how to set one up too. I've been filing this information under "Technology," a file which was previously close to empty. Plus I got a little tiny crew bear!

I only had my Kinesiology final to take, and since it wasn't done through the registrar, I took it on Friday so I could go home today. My parents should be here in about an hour, and I'm sitting in my packed-up room on my stripped bed and trying really hard not to muse over the past year. As Emily (not my sister) so aptly put it, "You can't live you life looking backwards, or you'll fall over and trip," so I'm trying to keep moving forward. I still have two assignments left: a Sci Fi final that's half done and my Comp manifesto, in which I have to describe my beliefs as a choreographer using any medium other than dance. Then next weekend we're taking Caroline to Baltimore, so I'd better get used to moving boxes.

Better post to come later, and keep an eye out for a feature coming soon: Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo, a feature in which I post things I love about my hometown (with pictures)! I'll be taking the old bike up and down the town to prove to Alice that Buffalo is not the hellhole that I may have accidentally indicated it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment