Sunday, December 4, 2011

Freaking Friends

Today, I took Laurie Colwin's advice that she proffers in Home Cooking and indexed my friends. Josie's birthday is tomorrow, and for her present, I promised to make her dinner, which of course meant that I would make all of our friends dinner.
Geez louise, do these women have enough food sensitivities and dietary restrictions? I had to find gluten-free, soy-free, and dairy-free recipes, and that was just keeping the birthday girl's needs in mind. I have two friends that are halal, one of whom is so insanely picky she basically only eats pizza and Pakistani food, a friend that can't have onions, peppers, apples, grapes, or eggs, and several friends who are lactose intolerant. And it was my job to feed all of them.
Because I am kind of a loser, I found this irritating task an exciting challenge, and Alice and I set about searching the fabulous Internet for a solution.
It took about ten minutes.
God damn, I love the Internet.

2 comments:

  1. I adore entertaining challenges like that. So what did you make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All will be revealed on Friday. I don't want to spoil the surprise.

    ReplyDelete