Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Hold fast to dreams

THE JAZZ ENSEMBLE HAS A VOCAL COMPONENT. They let people sing! Jazz! With them!
Oh my God, oh my God. I've dreamed of singing jazz with a big band my whole life (except for a very brief window during which I was obsessed with Blondie and wanted to be a nouveau Debbie Harry). Last year I thought I would finally get to realize that dream when the band director at my old high school asked me to sing "Besame Mucho" with the band, but then she changed her mind and had my friend do it instead. I was bitterly disappointed, and I thought it was the last chance I'd ever have to live my dream.
BUT SUCK IT, MRS. KERR! Oh God I hope they'll consider letting me do it. I need to send them an email once Finals Madness is over. This is really incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment