Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Celebrations and joy!

Today was my birthday, and it was really nice! I had my favorite class (Physiology of Behavior) and got a Monroe, which was significantly less painful than I thought it would be (at least when the actual piercing occurred. The aftermath is quite a different story, in more ways than one.) and looks even cooler than I thought it would. I got an early start on my bad decision-making; when my mother sees this thing, she is going to faint. But I like it.
Anyway. After that, I had my first real chorus rehearsal, which was delightful. It feels magnificent to be singing again. Alice and Julia are in chorus as well, and when rehearsal ended, we went to the Quad, where I was presented with a birthday cake that all my friends had helped make! Why they chose to bring it to the Quad when they baked it on lower Elm is something of a mystery, but I don't care. They baked me a cake! And it was gluten-free, so all of my friends could eat it! And it was a carrot cake, which is my favorite kind, a fact that I had mentioned and immediately forgot about. I was honestly amazed that my friends had just magically known my favorite kind of cake. My obliviousness is really unprecedented. So we ate the cake in the campus center, and good times were had by all. Sitting on the green couches, surrounded by good friends who have no idea what I was like in preschool, enjoying gluten-free cake. These are the moments you preserve in amber.
Today's song: "Stormy Weather," Lena Horne (Subject matter not related to how my day went. Just a good song to go with a good day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment