Sunday, September 11, 2011

The importance of eating food

Helen told me to post more (twice in one day isn't enough? Guess she's used to Tumblr, where people seem to post every five seconds. Silly Helen!) so I thought I'd share this tidbit with you. Since arriving at Smif, I've become addicted to pears. I eat them for my supper, I eat them for my lunch, and if I had a million pears I'd eat them all at once and get a really bad stomachache. It's weird because I never liked pears that much before college. In fact, I actively disliked them. (An incident with a worm. Let's just leave it at that.) But now I eat pears like it's my job. A delicious, juicy job.
However, I took a pear from the Emerson dining hall and put it in my bag for later, and it exploded all over my sweater and a library book. Not a good thing.

Before I left for Smif, Caroline told me to try all the dining halls, which is pretty good advice, so I followed it. (This is apparently an attitude Alice and I don't share; I basically do whatever people tell me to as long as it's not obviously stupid or dangerous, but when people tell Alice to do something, she becomes less inclined to actually do it.) I still haven't been to all the dining halls, but so far I like King/Scales the best because it reminds me of the dining hall from Gilmore Girls and has really excellent food, followed by Lamont, which I've only been to once and I had to eat and run in order to make an advising appointment on time (which for me, means 15 minutes early) but was attractive and had good food, and Chapin, which is good because it's centrally located and close enough to the Quad that it's easy for all my friends to meet up there. I eat at Cutter a lot because it's also centrally located, but I'm a little wary of the food because I know two girls that had allergic reactions after eating there. Chase/Duckett (affectionately known as Chuckett by my Baldwinite peeps out there) is nice and very close by, but it's got a very low ceiling that bothers me a lot more than it should. Low ceilings remind me of prison cells. And I don't like eating at Tyler because no matter how hard I'm trying to turn the other cheek, I'm a little too Sicilian to be a really good Catholic. It certainly is uphill work.

1 comment:

  1. I always liked King/Scales a lot. Wilson has the best chocolate chip pancakes though, and Cutter/Z has cornbeef hash all the time, which I loved.
    -Caroline

    ReplyDelete