Monday, September 26, 2011

Conscientious eating

All my life, I was able to eat whatever I wanted because I was dancing so often my metabolism was on par with the speed of light. I was the vegetarian who only ate macaroni and cheese. Now I can't do that anymore, but I've spent so long disregarding what I put into my body, it's hard to shake the habit. My skin is really greasy, and that's unusual. I suspect it has something to do with what I'm eating. Something's gotta give.
I've decided to write down what I eat all day. The Smith dining website also lets you check the calories of the food in the dining hall, but I'm not going to do that because it's excessive. Besides, counting calories reminds me of that awful book Wintergirls, about teenage anorexia. No thank you. I'll write down what I eat, which should make me slightly more aware of what I'm consuming. My Monroe also makes it hard for me to eat between meals, because whenever I do, I have to rinse out my mouth with saltwater. It's not that much of a production, but it's annoying when I'm doing something else and have to get up, rinse, and come back. Like when I was watching Thor with Paulina, Emily and Josie. I had some cocoa and immediately had to go rinse my mouth, and then they felt obligated to pause the movie, even though I'd already seen it (and hadn't liked it that much, anyway). Plus, we were all sitting on Paulina's bed and when I got up I disrupted the whole seating arrangement. It's a small inconvenience, but I don't like bothering other people with my own stupid style decision.
Plus, writing down what I eat will finally let me figure out just how many pears I eat every day. I know I'm curious.

So today, to start things off right, I ate at Gillett. It was pretty nice, I guess. Sometimes I like eating vegan or gluten-free food, just out of curiosity. My vegan lunch was actually delicious, and now I know that I like Brussels sprouts!

1 comment:

  1. I like to write down what I eat. Please keep it not-disordered though. And stay away from the nutrition facts on the dining site- no one needs to know how many calories are in a pb&j.

    ReplyDelete