Sunday, February 12, 2012

Bothered and bewildered

After five auditions, four callbacks, and five rejections, like a daisy, I'm awake.
I'm done now. No more.

I want a love that's on the square. Can't seem to find somebody to care, so I'll find a different kind of love.

I think the most important lesson I've learned during my first year at Smith (thus far) is to trust my gut. My first impulse is usually the correct one, but it's hard to trust that first impulse. I'm learning to do that the hard way.
The first thing I wanted to do was Forties Radio Hour. That's not working out on my own, but I'm following that impulse and letting it lead me.
A capella, while nice, isn't what I'm meant to do.

Hello, Jazz Ensemble. Hello, lifelong dream.
It's nice to see you again.

Today's music: "Come Rain or Come Shine," by Billie Holiday. Let's be real; I'm disappointed, but this song sums up my feelings perfectly. And if it's trite...well, just humor me.

No comments:

Post a Comment