Sunday, February 19, 2012

FEELINGS

Next time I post something sad, I'll try to follow it up quickly. Just a note to myself.

It's nice and warm today. I took a walk behind the crew house and watched the ducks snack on delicious pond mud. My route back home took me through the garden near the greenhouse and I shared a moment with the dormant bulbs.
Spring isn't coming for a while still, but it's definitely on the way, because I caught myself singing Kimya Dawson today. I only do that when spring is coming around, for some reason. I'm listening to "Losse Lips" right now, and it reminds me of afternoons in the UU church getting ready for Youth Service, pulling out musty-smelling skirts, the smell of dirt and thyme in Forest Lawn, and daffodils.
Ash Wednesday is this week. I'll figure out a way to go get ashes, even though it's my busiest day, and soon I'll pull my bike out again. I'm excited for my bike. I'm excited for the flowers and the dirt and worms and lying out in the sun and taking root.

EDIT: Spring or not, Kimya Dawson is kind of awful. I'm coming out of this mood now.

1 comment: