Sunday, February 5, 2012

The mellow show

Yesterday was Erika's housewarming/Disney Detox all in one. After weeks of badgering the Housing office, Erika finally moved out of the Quad and into Cutter, where she can actually get a decent night's sleep. Alice and I did the little ceremony from It's A Wonderful Life with the bread, salt, and wine (we used sparkling cider for that. Wooo underage!), which was nice, but would have been better if anyone besides me had seen the movie. Still. Sea salt and Hungry Ghost bread is not to be sneezed at.
The movie was Howl's Moving Castle, which I saw for the first time right before coming back to Smith. I loved it with the unbiased affection that comes from not reading the book on which it was based. When I was little I was ferocious about people watching any movie without reading the book first---ok, let's be precise. I was furious if anyone saw The Wizard of Oz without reading the book first. It's not a pretty part of my past, let's not dwell on it. Anyway. The movie was good. It felt like a very Smith kind of party; I took a bunch of peanut butter squares from dinner (actually I made Steve do it. I was too shy, and a girl behind her in line snarled at her for taking too many, so I'm not sorry for delegating) and we had tea. Like we do.

3 comments:

  1. This new format is so much easier on the eyes! You and CLA are granting all my wishes lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, even the unspoken ones. What did you ask of Caroline?

    ReplyDelete