Saturday, February 25, 2012

Gratitude

I've been thanking people a lot lately, and I still feel like I can't thank anyone enough. So at the risk of sounding like the winner of the Miss America pageant, I'd like to express my thanks some more.

First and foremost, thank you, Alice Wolff, for tag-teaming Pearls and Cashmere with me. I couldn't have done this without you.

Thank you, Elizabeth Markee-Behrends, for making me take the high road. Without your help from the very start, this project would not have been nearly as successful or powerful as it has become.

Thank you, Lisa Daniels of the Smith College BSA, for organizing such an incredible event in support of Pearls and Cashmere.

Thank you, Smith Sophian, for asking Alice and I to write an opinion piece. When we saw that message, we were both speechless for about thirty seconds, and then there may or may not have been excited squealing.

Thank you, Smith students, both past and present, for making Pearls and Cashmere so successful. We wouldn't be anywhere without your support, your stories, and your outstanding networking abilities.

Of course, I'd like to thank my parents for a) raising three wonderful Smithies b) supporting my endeavors now, and c) just generally being amazing

Of course, no post here on Smif^3 would be complete without a mention for my two wonderful sisters, who are both shining examples of strong, intelligent, smartass Smithies. No one could ask for better sisters.

Thank you, Anne Spurzem, for writing that letter. You've made the diverse Smith community even closer and prouder than we were before, and made literally thousands of people realize just how wonderful Smith is.

Finally, thank you, Emily Randolph, for coming up with the name "Pearls and Cashmere," because our previous title was just hella weak.

2, 262 people attending our Facebook event; 4, 243 invited; 81 declines. 296 followers on Tumblr.
Thank you, thank you, thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment