Monday, October 3, 2011

FRIENDS FRIENDS FOREVER

I love Smith and I want to befriend everyone I encounter here, but it's hard because I'm so sheltered. For weeks now, I've suspected that a maiden in Chorus with me has a doppelganger in my art history class, and it wasn't till this evening that I learned that they're the same person. Why on Earth was I so unwilling to make that connection? I've heard of Occam's Razor! Why can't I apply it to my own life?

But yeah, I want to make all the friends. It's a work in progress. The maidens in Chorus are really chill and I bonded with Micah over our mutual love of webcomics last week, but so far my new friendships are in the fetal stages. I actually used to be pretty charming, but I got to Unirondack and was faced with crippling social anxiety, which has more or less disappeared in favor of extreme social awkwardness. I'm lucky so many of my friends find that endearing, but I think it's getting old.

Other highlights of my day: learning that I get .5 extra points tacked onto my PoB quiz because one of the graders screwed up and actually talking to someone at French lunch table (I need to brush up on my vocabulary about neuroscience, since that was all I felt qualified to talk about and words such as "physiology" and "brain" escape me).

No comments:

Post a Comment