Monday, October 10, 2011

Probably for the best I didn't mention Gaga

Turn It Up asked me for my top five favorite albums. I think I'm in love.
My response:
  1. Parallel Lines by Blondie
  2. Rocket to Russia by the Ramones
  3. Fox Confessor Brings the Flood by Neko Case
  4. Loaded by The Velvet Underground
  5. Volume One by She & Him
My dad and I had an extensive conversation about why this list is awesome. The Blondie record is the greatest record ever made, the Ramones side is a little more obscure. Neko Case is trendy in hipster circles, Loaded makes me seem more about the music and less like a pretentious little snot, and She & Him is a youthful little lemon zest. This is a blend of the music the Championship Vinyl old dudes like and what the hip youths are listening to these days. I am awesome.
So hire me.

3 comments:

  1. Darlin, I love you, but the Velvet Underground never made anybody sound less pretentious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant "less pretentious" as in "less pretentious than the kind of person whose favorite Velvet Underground album is White Light/White Heat."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah. A subtle distinction, but I got you.

    ReplyDelete