Thursday, October 27, 2011

Generating personal strife

My apologies for the lag in posting; I've been preoccupied with the Big Pink Hall of Fame. My life has been smooth sailing lately, except for Rites of Passage, of course. As trite as it sounds, no news is good news with me. I'm no longer so busy with my own morose emotions that I get too mopey to ever update, thank goodness.

However, I have been thinking a lot about my Future. I want to study abroad. I want it more than anything else in the world, especially after hearing everyone I know tell stories that begin, "When I was living in Italy..." and "This one time, in Russia..." but here's the thing. If I want to be a Neuro major (which I'm pretty sure I don't actually want to do anymore), I can't study abroad because there is so much stuff I will have to do. On the other hand, if I major in Psych (as I would like to do) and minor in Exercise Science, I'll be opening myself up to ridicule from my grandmother. (Or if not ridicule, then certainly harsh words.)
My Psych class is wonderful. I love it the most, and my professor is awesomesauce, but Neuroscience is also pretty cool, and would probably be more practical? I really wish someone at Smith could tell me what I need to do in order to become a physical therapist, but everyone seems a little taken aback when I announce that that's what I want to do. I am so confused! What will become of me?
I should have gone to Geneseo. Then I could do all this freaking out at a fraction of the cost. Or I should just go to hotel school like Sabrina. Then I could study abroad and learn how to be a boss cook in the bargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment