Monday, October 10, 2011

Oh Mr. Sellack

I have spent my entire morning applying for jobs, but not work-study jobs. I have to look elsewhere, for reasons too complicated and private to explain. I'm concerned that I'm going to get raped and murdered if I apply for some of these jobs on Craigslist. I'm really not ok with that happening. This has been my morning:

Deliver newspapers: ok, that sounds safe. Henry Huggins delivers newspapers! No. Shit. Newspapers get delivered to everyone. What if I get the murderous route? No newspapers for me!
Local Co-op Food Market: That's the most hippieish thing I've ever...oh right, this is a granola town. Why not. This is legit, at least. The job application is long...and boring...
Camp Unirondack: Ahhh, it feels good to have a job almost as a sure thing. But that's in the summer. Back to the grind.
Awesome restaurant I adore: Yes! Yes yes yes! I will have this jo--oh hey, my resume is gone. Write a new resume. Apply for awesome job. Say a quick prayer and sacrifice a goat, just for good measure.
About seven other jobs: Apply in person. Gotcha! I'll be there! I'll be there TO THE MAX!
About fifteen other jobs: I have class then. Great.

Into the fray I go, then!

No comments:

Post a Comment